Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Well, hmm.

Two classes done so far, and I'm pondering a nice blog entry for later tonight...

Got homework halfway done for one class and none of it is even due until next Wednesday, didn't have homework in the other class.

I think someone may have screwed up my schedule and slapped me in the wrong Lab class for my degree program, or they may have switched the class time on me. We'll see in about an hour.

I'll be going home this weekend to pick up my tack and bring it for Monday.

I love my college. While standing in the hall waiting for the previous class to be done with the room that my business class is held in, I overheard this conversation:

"You rodeo?"

"Yeah."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a team roper, a heeler."

"What? I'm a team roper and I've never seen you at practice..."

"Huh? No, I don't rodeo for the *school* I do it on my own..."

Follow this by the Rodeo *team* member looking down his nose at the other guy and saying, "Oh, so you're just an amateur."

It was so hard not to just bust out laughing. Partly because at nearly any other college it would be basketball or football or some such. Partly because the little snot that was being so self-righteous didn't see one of the other rodeo team members behind him rolling their eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, good to hear it's going good for you. That mixed up lab sounds like it *could* get aggravating though. Second, I guess you can tell who team ropes because they love it vs. those who do it because they think it makes 'em holier-than-thou. The one on the college rodeo team sounds to me like a major narcissist. Like you said, at any other college it'd be any other sport. My opinion... if I'd been in the "amateur's" boots, and if I'd seen the eyerolls from the others, I think I'd have a better idea of who to hang around with and maybe even rope with. Some people can really blow it without even trying.

mustanger

FarmGirl said...

It just amused me, is all. I haven't really gotten to know anyone yet, so I can't really comment on personalities.

That's what the "mixer" tonight at six is for, apparently.

I got a "You better be there" from two of my horse related teachers, so I guess I'm going. I'm changing into a cooler shirt first though.

Oh, and turns out the Lab (aka the barn class) was right. There's just another class at the same time that was announced to be in a meeting room at the college instead of out at the barn.