Monday, February 2, 2009

Amarillo By Morning...

Well I made it to Amarillo, which is around halfway home.

Hit the city limits here and the eyelids were getting droopy, so I made it to Soncy and Heaven In A Store* and pulled in for a break. Got coffee, and since the internet was FUBAR at the hotel this morning, I logged on to the wifi hotspot to check all my... er... stuff.

After perusing things (and I haven't checked my sitemeter since everyone linked to me... I predict a spike in hits bigger than MattG) I'm just gonna go ahead and mention a couple of things... full after action report when I get home and recover from the drive a bit...

Yes, that picture is my hand. And, frankly, it's shocking even to me... Shaking hands with that man is like putting on a warm oven mitt. However, I did notice on that picture (and I have the same one, not stolen but gifted by OldNFO) that it tends to emphasize our respective... attributes, as MattG put it.

The ginormity of his hands makes mine look even smaller, and the bittyness of mine make his look even bigger.

Also, to everyone that was at the shoot, the Farmdog misses you. She's in the car right now looking at me through the window as if to ask me where the nice man who smells like bacon is. (Nope, AEPilot Jim, you're never going to live it down. It's entirely too much fun.)

Meanwhile, I'm going to go finish my coffee and get back on the road... that white line's just getting longer, and the saddle is starting to get cold.**







*Barnes and Noble Booksellers, with Starbucks.

** Double points to anyone who gets the song reference here, and why it's apropos after a drive this long.

4 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

"Much to young to feel this damn old..."

I tossed my worn out tape of Chris Ledoux and just uploaded him on my iPod.

Teaching teenagers and driving many miles have the same darn effect...

=]

FarmGirl said...

Well done. Double points duly awarded...

Now, what the points are FOR or what they'll get you is anyone's guess, but you've got em.

GreenRanchingMom said...

Much too young to feel this damn old..., oops, Rachel got it first. Sounds like you had a great trip!

~Rachel~ said...

LOL... I am going to use my points to... throw at idiots in the road.