Monday, December 10, 2007

Well, I Was Going To...

I was going to go to bed. But then I realized, when I turned off the tv, that someone had very kindly ignored the laundry time instructions posted clearly on the wall, and was not only using the laundry facilities, but apparently making use of them to clean and tumble dry their brick collection.

Ten PM and it sounds like bronc riding on hardwood right outside my apartment door.

Problem is, I'm into the cranky phase of nicotine withdrawal, now. So, it's hard for me to distinguish what the proper response would be.

Figuring out who's shit it is and taking it to their door at three in the morning along with a gift of sense from my baseball bat sounds pretty good to me, but it's probably not very politic.

I'm sure neither is throwing all of their laundry out into the freezing rain, although it's tempting.

Oh, listen... someone else isn't happy about it.

Hmm. Interesting approach, just take the noisy shit out of the dryer, apparently. Of course, standing around yelling about it kind of makes that pointless, now doesn't it?

Ok, I'm going to go try to get some sleep now. Assuming another one of my kind neighbors doesn't decide to wash their rock collection at midnight....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have lousy neighbors at such a bad time. Quitting smoking is the pitts! I admire your will power and courage.

Hang in there.

Fyremandoug said...

giving up an addiction can lead one to near homocide.

Speaking from exp.

hold your coarse you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the joys of apartment living. A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away - THANK GOD!