Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I love this place

On my way home from class tonight (and after sending Monkey on his way home, *sniffle*) I had to stop down by the park, and turn on my hazards, because there was, well, a hazard.

The herd of whitetail deer that habitually visit the creek that runs through the golf course, behind the college, and eventually peters out through the city park were crossing the road, in a very stately and regal manner.

I swear one of them gave me the royal nod, giving me permission to go back to my commuting once they were past.

In other news, I'm about a quarter of the way into my final Lit paper, which means I'm knee deep in argument mode, and hip deep in MLA standards for citations. About to get deeper as I get back to it. This is only the first draft, I'll turn it in tomorrow, then have a conference on it the week after Thanksgiving (thank god, a week off... a week which I'll spend puttering around and putting together my business plan).

When I finish with it, I'll post it here for your enjoyment, so ya'll can see that I'm getting some value out of my higher edumacation. Plus, after I finish this my brain will be too fried to write anything intelligent for at least two days. All that there book learnin' has done got me plumb burnt out. Considering half of my classes have been pushing to finish everything important before Thanksgiving break so that we can take it easy and just study for finals afterwards, and the rest are pushing to be able to cover everything before it's time for finals, well, it's no surprise that I'm needing a week off.

Thank god my Lit teacher is fairly relaxed about things, or I'd be screwed.

Not to mention some of Farmmom's punkin pie. Remember, Farmmom, you promised to make an extra just for me to bring back with me!

Once more into the fray, dear friends. Wherever I fall, there shall I be buried.

Or some such nonsense, anyway.

No comments: