Monday, October 22, 2007

I didn't *do* it! I just told them how....

Every one of the girls on my feed crew were dosed with estrogen-laced crack, tonight, I swear. They were all hyper and laughing and being very "girl."

Of course, when I heard of their plan for the evening, going to Wally World, filling a cart with random items, and dropping them into other people's carts, I had to speak up, in the name of maturity, to stop this juvenile delinquency. I was, after all, the responsible adult there.

Yeah, right. If you believe that one, I've got some excellent ocean front property I want to discuss with you.

My contribution was minimal, actually, I merely told them that for maximum amusement value the items should be entirely off the wall. Pregnancy test for an eighty year old woman. Douche for the nice clean cut young man buying all of the salad components. A box of condoms and the largest tub of vaseline available there for the mother with three kids in tow, preferably with one of them being fourteen or older, to open up the debate on whom, exactly, put the items into the cart.

Of course, for real entertainment on those sorts of missions, you have to scratch the bar code on the box or the sticker, so that it won't read properly. Otherwise, the people might get all the way home and wonder why they bought a tub of whipped cream, a jar of pickled okra, and six bottles of Astro Glide, which thought is amusing but deprives you of your god-given right to witness said confusion.

4 comments:

Farm.Dad said...

Thats it !! you are no longer the spawn of my loins !! Your mother in fact found you in larvi form under unmentionable matter . oO( besides you need to clean the condom isle into a single basket , along with the athlete's foot products , trust me this dichotomy affects all concerned oO( and we dont want to talk about what momma having said items does to that cocky 14 year old)

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is how this rash of gags turns out.

mustanger

Mark said...

I was going to regale with you with a little commentary from when I did security in a Walgreen's Store in St. Louis, but after thinking about it, it's a NC-17 story so I won't......

Drew said...

Sounds like you may have set them on the proper path. After all, you didn't want them to fail to become appropriately delinquent.