Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Ow

So, I had my Horse production final today. Test went well, it wasn't hard, and as usual there was a couple of questions that make me snicker (Including the one that, at the beginning of the test, we were told to write the answer in on the multiple choice question, because Marilyn's typist, who happened to be JJ, managed to not include the correct answer) I finished up and took it to the bottom of the lecture hall, skipped back up the stairs....

And Klutzed. I should know better than to hurry up stairs by now.

Tripped myself beautifully, and caught the exact corner of one of the stairs right on the middle of my kneecap.

The bruise developed fast enough that I've spent the last hour or so manipulating both kneecaps.

It'd be just my luck to fracture the damn thing and have it be one of my major injuries that just doesn't hurt that bad.

Luckily, I don't think it's damaged beyond the bruise. It's just a really impressive bruise.

I was due for a Klutz anyway, and this isn't as bad as it could have been. Last year I fell while climbing over a set of sweeps and banged myself up bad enough I couldn't walk upright for a week. Then there was the time I whacked my head while putting together Mamaw's solid oak roll-top computer desk, and nearly knocked myself out.

Sometimes I think I should walk around in a padded suit.

5 comments:

Mark said...

Nahhhh, how about we put you in an environment that everything is padded? :) (ducking)

Anonymous said...

Horse production? Do they make you create a horse? That'd be cool!

HollyB said...

Dang, Girl, are we related?
When you described this "klutz", I cringed. I think I actually felt some pain in the knee I'm having surgerized on Mon. I sure hope you didn't crack it or injure the bursa. Are you icing it? Elevating it? If not, start now!
HollyB

FarmGirl said...

Holly, I've already got bursitis, but it hit across the kneecap, not underneath, no swelling around the kneecap, just a bit on top where the bruise is. No pain on manipulation of the kneecap, mild pain on flexation of the knee.

It's not even as bad now as a normal day when I've over stressed it. It's actually the best way I could possibly have come down on the knee, considering the pre-existing condition.

Anonymous said...

Heh, that desk bit reminded me of the time when I ran into a goal post. That hurt. Even better, got a picture in the year book with two black eyes, a huge lump on my head, and duck-bill like lips.