Monday, May 10, 2010

Puppehs!


Baby schnauzers are so adorable! This little guy was born yesterday, along with three more brothers and two sisters, for a total of six puppies.

Their mom is a great momma, taking care of them to the point that I have to literally pull her out of the kennel to get her to leave them to go outside. First thing this morning I had to carry her all the way outside. She did her business and then ran back to me, jumping up on my leg like "all right, I'm done, now let me back in so I can check on my kids!"

As you can see she's letting me handle them. I've been careful not to upset her about it, but I needed to take pictures for her owner, so that she could start marketing the little darlings right away. Plus, she had deposits for four puppies already, and those people needed pictures so that they could start picking out their own cuteness.

All the pups are in good shape, even the one that was born breech. I'm just glad that it all went smoothly for a breech birth. There was a moment when I thought I was going to have to assist but momma dog got it all taken care of, and all I had to do was pull the sac back from the face so the puppeh could breathe.

They're squeaky little things, especially when mom decides it's time for a bath, but they're all doing well and getting bigger already.

6 comments:

DaddyBear said...

Pusher. If I show this to Girlie Bear, I'm going to have to either break her heart or explain to the wife why we have a new puppy. Good job taking care of the little ones!

Scott McCray said...

Precious! Squeaky little bundle of teh cute.

-Scott

w/v = mothera
"She's the motheratheweek."

FarmGirl said...

DB... Well wait a while. Come January or so Jezebelle will come of age... come February or so we'll be able to breed her. Then you can buy a Farmpuppy!

Christina RN LMT said...

Too effing cute!

DaddyBear said...

Thanks, but I've been informed that the only pets we will be adding will be primates genetically related to us, preferably grandchildren, and preferably in a few years. I'll keep working on her, but it'll be quite a while before I get the OK to add to our little menagerie.

Carrie said...

OMGOMGOMGOMG puppies! So cute.