Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quit Day

So, I was planning on putting the patch on first thing this morning.

Of course, that was before six freaking trains went by in the middle of the night, and the engineers didn't know how to get off the damn horn.

I would have slept through it. Farmdog, on the other hand, had to complain about the lack of courtesy, so I was awake.

And started craving a smoke.

And slapped on a patch....

And went back to sleep!

I'm craving, now, more because of the habit of getting up, having coffee, checking all my intarwebz things, and having a smoke... but it's not nearly as bad as it would be without the patch.

Mamaw apparently made the decision in the night to join me on my quit date, since I got up to a dining room free of ashtrays or cigarettes. That's helping, too.

We'll see, as the day goes on, how things go. I'm not twitchy... yet. I'm not cranky... yet. I also don't want to go seven weeks with this size patch... once the cranky and twitch are over for the most part, I'll step down.

So far, so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A pack of nicorettes , I found very helpfull when the cravings got really intense.