Monday, May 12, 2008

Well Then

Ya'll remember back a while, when I posted about Cowboy Mechanic, and how he was angling for the Farm Boyfriend title?

Well, he stole the plaque while I was sleeping, so I suppose I'll keep him around a while, if for no other reason than he continues to surprise me with flowers and comes in a handy package with three great kids to play with, a girl and two boys. All of them absolutely adore their dad, and I can't blame 'em for it a bit.

His oldest had her first softball game of the season today, and got thrown into the catcher's position with no practice. She did pretty danged good, too, but had a few wild throws and some missed catches that she was feeling down about, until I told her she'd done better than I would have and distracted her by starting a hat fight.

After they dropped me off at the apartment and headed home tonight, she told her dad "I like her. She's a keeper."

I couldn't ask for higher praise.


Farmmom said...

That is high raise indeed. I told you to just be yourself and it would all work out. :D

Anonymous said...

Mmm, from the mouths of babes....


phlegmfatale said...

That's incredibly lovely, and I'd say you're as lucky to have CM and his brood as they are to have you. I wish you all much happiness together!